How It Works
Our easy-to-install, tight-fitting grips work without the old way of installing grips with the difficulty and mess of using tape and solvents.
Here are the steps in our air-shrink process:
- We make our grips with a special rubber composite that reacts to our patented swelling solvent.
- Our Vulcanized-molded grip is made with an inside diameter that is slightly smaller than a men's standard club shaft.
- We place the grip in an individual protective package, add our swelling solvent and seal the package.
- The swelling solvent is absorbed into the grip and causes the inside diameter to expand about 30% of its original size. This expansion allows the grip to easily slide onto the club shaft.
- Now the shrink process begins as the air evaporates the swelling solvent from the grip, and the grip returns to its original molded size - to form a tight grip on the shaft.
Note: Our rubber compound formula includes a "tackifier" additive to create a unique "no-slip" feel. The grip becomes tackier as the player's hands become warmer with play.